Lippincotts Illustrated Q&A Review of Rubins Pathology 2nd Edition PDF
20.20 MB PDF
Lippincott’s Illustrated Q&A Review of Rubin’s Pathology presents the key concepts of modern pathology in the form of clinical vignette-style questions. Using the format of the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME), the questions address the major topics in general and systemic pathology presented in Rubin’s Pathology: Clinicopathologic Foundations of Medicine. In addition to being a learning companion to this textbook, these questions will serve as a standalone resource for self-assessment and board review.
The questions are prepared at a level appropriate for second-year medical students. They provide a roadmap for students completing their courses in pathology and preparing for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE). Students in the allied health sciences (e.g., nursing and physical therapy) will also find considerable didactic value in clinical vignette-style questions.
Clinical vignette-style questions strengthen problem-solving skills. Students must integrate clinical and laboratory data, thereby simulating the practice of pathology and medicine in general. Case-based questions probe a level of competency that is expected for success on national licensing examinations. Given below are key features of this text:
• Multiple choice questions follow the USMLE template. Case-based questions include (1) patients’ demographics, (2) clinical history, (3) physical examination findings, and (4) results of diagnostic tests and procedures. Each clinical vignette is followed by a question stem that addresses a key concept in pathology.
• Questions frequently involve “two-step” logic—a strategy that probes the student’s ability to integrate basic knowledge into a clinical setting. The answer choices appear homogeneous and are listed alphabetically to avoid unintended cueing.
• Over 200 full-color images link clinical and pathologic findings.
• Answers are linked to the clinical vignettes and address key concepts. Incorrect answers are explained in context.
• Normal laboratory reference values are included for key laboratory tests.
• As an additional test-taking practice tool, the questions are also presented in an electronic format on our connection Web site (http://thePoint.lww.com/LIQARpathology2). Questions can be presented in both “quiz” and “test” modes. In quiz mode, students receive instant feedback regarding the correctness of their answer choice, along with a rationale. The test mode helps familiarize the user with the computer-generated USMLE experience.
We hope that this review of pathology will encourage students to think critically and formulate their own questions concerning mechanisms of disease. We are mindful of the words of e. e. Cummings, who wrote “always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.” We wish our students success in their learning adventure. Most importantly, have fun with pathology.
If you found this book helpful then please like, subscribe and share.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to [email protected] for all DMCA/Removal Requests.